The Divine Comedy Forum Index The Divine Comedy

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We need you! (yes, you!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Divine Comedy Forum Index -> TV / Radio / Press archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Nude

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, fantastic! Finally, some serious radio play for our Billy.

Although I'll say it again - why is it 'Single of the Week' a full month before release? I know it raises awareness but it gives listeners a few weeks afterwards to forget about it!

Mark Radcliffe's on his way to Radio 2, as well, so that's yet another R2 DJ who's a fan of Mr Hannon. Very Happy

EDIT: although it also means there's no-one left at Radio 1 to champion Neilo, either!
DC mod1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more good news in:
'Come Home Billy Bird' will be Single of the Week on Phil Jupitus's Breakfast show on 6Music w/c 23rd Feb.
The single has also been added to the Evening Playlist on London-based station Xfm.
Very Happy
Flip

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooooooooooooooooooo!!!

This is getting way more exposure than the Regen-era singles!

All great news! The XFM one particularly, considering that's what all the crazy young kids that buy CD's listen to!

Woo, and yay! Very Happy
DC mod1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Nude wrote:
Although I'll say it again - why is it 'Single of the Week' a full month before release? I know it raises awareness but it gives listeners a few weeks afterwards to forget about it!

Well, 'Single of the Week' status helps raise profile of the song and will therefore increase its chances of being playlisted prominently. This is of course what we want. It's all part of the gloriously obscure way in which radio stations operate Smile
Mr Nude

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Claire! I think it's just all this waiting getting to me. I'll explode when I finally get my copy of Absent Friends, I imagine!

Fantastic to know Billy Bird will be getting plenty of airplay though. Should help ease the wait!
DC mod1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop Press! Fantastic news: Radio 2 have just added “Come Home Billy Bird” to their A-list as of Monday 1st March! Woo-hoo!

*typing goes all wobbly from excitement*
Absolute Power

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twice on one day?

I'm taking all my clothes off to celebrate and running around the nearest roundabout.

We love Radio 2.
Witch

Location: contactable via mobile and email at all times - bah.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can just see the tabloid headline:

RADIO TWO PLAYLIST IN ROADSIDE NUDITY SHOCKER!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Absolute Power

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no such thing as bad publicity.

Anyone care to join me?
Canuck

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: I'm With You Reply with quote

As an avid Radio 2 listener I can confirm that the DC are still on the A playlist.
All is well in Radio 2 land so I'm up for a roundabout run if you are! Exclamation
luvly horse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello and welcome fellow kent radio 2 listener
froggy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Nude wrote:

EDIT: although it also means there's no-one left at Radio 1 to champion Neilo, either!

The more dj supporters the better - I think there are quire a few closet supporters out there

If you heard radio 1 this morning - Chris Moyles played most of national express as his buzz of track! he has the secret history album
maybe should email him and tell him to listen to the new stuff!!
StickFigureNinja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris likes Neil, he's said so in teh past, said he's a great bloke to go drinking with, and he was also one of the ones to play Love What You Do before it got playlisted along with Mark N Lard.
shannonhannon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: U.S. stations Reply with quote

Claire,

I'm in the U.S. and would love to get the Divine Comedy some airplay in the States. Any idea as to which stations play their music? I've never, ever, heard them on the radio here and thank my lucky stars that I was otherwise introduced to them (via Father Ted, of all things!).

I'd be happy to call a radio station for you here but, alas, I don't know where to turn. I barely listen to the radio at all because it's owned by some corporate conglomerate bastards. FYI, I'm in Massachusetts if that helps with any suggestions.

I would suggest that you try to get a feature or interview with our NPR (National Public Radio) programs. I've been turned on to a lot of great music this way, and by and large, its listeners have rejected a lot of commercial radio because it's got crap programming.

thanks,
shannon
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Divine Comedy Forum Index -> TV / Radio / Press archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: