The Divine Comedy Forum Index The Divine Comedy

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cambridge Gig review

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Divine Comedy Forum Index -> Live archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DC mod1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:58 pm    Post subject: Cambridge Gig review Reply with quote

Cambridge- have I been here before?
(originally posted on old BB by chakobsa)

wow...
the show in cambridge, massachusetts rocked out. apparently, they have played here before (though neil was quite unabashedly unaware of the fact), this was my first time seeing them live. i gotta say, the sarcasm, honesty and neil's totally funny facial expressions responding to various circumstances were, for sure, worth the price of admission. it's always great to see amazing talent, whatever the form, in "real" life. can't wait for the next tour!

Jenna

hey... i was there too! it was a great show.
here's the setlist for those who weren't there: here comes the flood, national express, imaginary friend, frog princess, songs of love, regeneration, generation sex, alfie, happy goth, idaho, mr right, woman of the world, perfect love song (+ daydream believer), drinking song, sunrise. then for the encore: summerhouse, tonight we fly.

beauty regime was the last song written on the set list, but they went with tonight we fly instead. when the setlist got taped the keyboard, me and another guy actually wrote 'tonight we fly' on it and i requested it during the show. neil said they wouldn't play it, but i guess they changed their mind by the time of the encore.

i was also very happy to meet neil before the show (my 2nd time meeting him this year).

i have lots of great pics from the gig, but unfortunately no access to a scanner at the moment...

kestrelia

Hi!
What a great show! Was impressed with how many people came out. Neil could have easily played at a larger venue. I wonder how many people came like I did because they heard him play with Ben Folds earlier in the year.

I recorded the show. Could someone tell me if they think Neil wouldn't mind if I put up .mp3s of it on my site. If not I'll so.
-Brian

www.gemborys.org/trading
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Divine Comedy Forum Index -> Live archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: