The Divine Comedy Forum Index The Divine Comedy

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Southpaw Gig review

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Divine Comedy Forum Index -> Live archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DC mod1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:39 pm    Post subject: Southpaw Gig review Reply with quote

(originally posted on old BB by GDB)

I've been aware of the DC since they released albums from about '93.

Oddly, I've never been to see them, (except when they played at the UK Reading Festival in 1999), or brought any of their albums, which is strange as I'm a big Pulp fan and the similarities are obvious, despite Neil's distinct personality and musical arrangements.

On a trip to New York recently, the first thing we did was get a copy of Time Out, to our pleasure we saw gigs for Add N to X and the following night, the DC.

The Southpaw gig was on our last night in NY, we'd never been off Manhatten Island but the venue was easy to find.

What a great show! They were absolutely brilliant, such a good small venue too, (we've lost a lot of good venues of that size in the greater London area in the past few years).

During the break leading to the first encore, I brought a copy of 'A Secret History', and I'm sure as hell going to get the rest of the albums now!

It was a great trip to NY, and the Divine Comedy gig at Southpaw's was a real highlight.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Divine Comedy Forum Index -> Live archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: