The Divine Comedy Forum Index The Divine Comedy

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

favourite TDC memories

View previous topic :: View next topic  
got_thelightofday_shivers

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject: favourite TDC memories Reply with quote

I attempted a search and it did not seem like this sort of post has been done before:

Everyone post a message about their favourite and/or first TDC memories! I know you all have the souls of poets and you lead very interesting lives, so it should make an evocative thread.
Fantsu

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten years ago I arrived with the gift of this thread http://forums.thedivinecomedy.com/viewtopic.php?p=322780&highlight=memory#322780

Ten. Years. But please continue - the newcomers always have stories to tell. Smile

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: thanks for the link Reply with quote

To think, I conducted the search on the word "memory" and I did not see your thread. I must be blind! Thank you!

Wink

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: ten years Reply with quote

Fantsu wrote:
Ten years ago I arrived with the gift of this thread http://forums.thedivinecomedy.com/viewtopic.php?p=322780&highlight=memory#322780

Ten. Years. But please continue - the newcomers always have stories to tell. Smile

Ten years must have seen some good times on this thread! I'm sorry I joined so late, should have done it when I lived in the UK.
Rickyboy

Location: Between the tick and the tock, wanting to help but bereft of spatulas.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My earliest TDC memory is hearing The Frog Princess on the radio in 1996 and thinking it was Vic Reeves! It quickly became clear that it wasn't, I got hold of the Casanova album and wondered where this amazing band had been all my life. How had I never heard them before? I soon had Liberation and Promenade and the three albums were pretty much all I listened to for the next couple of months. They were the soundtrack (alongside A Short Album About Love, which came out the following year) to my second and third years at university, especially the bus journeys to and from campus.

Then there's the St James Church gig in May 2006, a couple of weeks before Victory... came out. The first time I attended a meet-up, which was enormous fun, and a very special gig indeed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Meetups Reply with quote

What are the meetups? When TDC fans get together?
Rickyboy

Location: Between the tick and the tock, wanting to help but bereft of spatulas.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually before gigs. Arrange a pub to meet in that's quite near the venue etc. Great times and lovely people. A lot has changed since 2006 though - Facebook seems to have taken over from this BB, for one thing, which is a great shame but there we are; there's also a longer gap between TDC albums as Neil has his fingers in a variety of other pies. The glory days of this BB are long gone, unfortunately! Still, I'm sure things on here will pick up a bit when the next album and tour is announced...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
luvly horse

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the proper mates formed by TDC are still in touch

the Twunts went by the board a long time ago!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:45 am    Post subject: July 2015 Reply with quote

Ah well, I'm next in the UK /London late July 2015 so let's hope the fates align! Over a year away, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Divine Comedy Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: