The Divine Comedy Forum Index The Divine Comedy

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chicago Gig review

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Divine Comedy Forum Index -> Live archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DC mod1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 2:06 pm    Post subject: Chicago Gig review Reply with quote

(various reviews originally posted on old B

solipsistic

I saw the show last night. Unfortunately (if you were not there), yes Neil & co. played the Flaming Lips song for an encore. The show was really tremendous, I'm a big fan and it seems mind-boggling to me that I can see them in such an intimate setting. He played a bunch of new songs as well.

NeilsFinn

I was at the Chicago show last night as well, and it was really a great show. I loved it when he went into the Monkees song Daydream Believer. It was a great show, and one that I was really looking forward to. I kept missing Neil & co when he was in town previously, and this time I was not going to miss out again.

It was a great night, and afterward briefly chatted with Neil. I will have some photos online hopefully within the next few days.

Cheers,
Shannon
http://www.srbdesigns.com

DivCoFan

I was at the Chicago show, as well. I'm afraid there may have been a little jetlag in play at the show. Perhaps it's not always best to have your city be the first show in the country. Maybe the fact that the show started at the VERY un-rock'n'roll time of 7:45 PM had something to do with it, too. Neil seemed a little intimidated by the fact that the crowd was so close. It all seemed a little uncomfortable. Having said that, I will say that once Neil got warmed up he was in fine voice. The new songs sounded good and the setlist hit plenty of personal favorites. I'm just not sure this was a show that would've sold a non-fan on the band.

CheersNeil

Yeah, I saw TDC at Shuba's last February and met Neil before the show. Apparently, they had just flown in, because he seemed very tired. I told him how excited I was for the show and he said "I'm trying to get there myself!". Needless to say, he got there because the show was FANTASTIC! Missing the show Monday is my biggest regret this year! Glad to hear it went well though!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Divine Comedy Forum Index -> Live archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: