The Divine Comedy Forum Index The Divine Comedy

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arlington, VA gig review

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Divine Comedy Forum Index -> Live archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DC mod1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 8:44 pm    Post subject: Arlington, VA gig review Reply with quote

(originally posted on old BB by christina)

It was really lovely. Didn't realize it was the last gig of the tour till Mr. Hannon told us... his voice was a bit raw from singing his heart out all those days in a row, but he and his guys put on a marvellous show. No complaints. He was as charming and entertaining as could be hoped for, with a mug o' tea, American style ("that's why there's no milk or sugar in it"). Treated us to several new songs, including "Happy Goth" and "Idaho" both songs I'd love to hear again. Loved "Invisible Friend", too. Much of the old beloveds hauled out for our approval, including a rocking version of "Becoming More Like Alphi" that had me reassessing the song and finding I liked it, this way. Someone stole the setlist so I have nothing to compare my memory to... the guys were just great, everyone switching instruments like mad, grinning and giving it all they had. At three something in the afternoon, no less. The venue is tiny, so we were all right there in the living room, so to speak.

The only downer of the event was the end. Though we stomped and clapped and cheered and whistled, through the threatening signs of recorded music and brighter lights, there was no encore. Made me very sad... but I suppose they needed the rest and had to be somewhere to catch a plane or whatnot.

So, thanks to TDC for an unforgettable show.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Divine Comedy Forum Index -> Live archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: