The Divine Comedy Forum Index The Divine Comedy

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gangster No. 1 soundtrack

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Divine Comedy Forum Index -> Music archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric the half a bee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Gangster No. 1 soundtrack Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2250&item=4030099614&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Worth getting? Discuss..
L

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm biased, cos I love the song (Neil's version anyway).
Both versions 1 and 2 are great.
If u're the collector type u should get that, if not just grab the mp3's somewhere.
Alfie Casanova

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cracking movie too, if a little sickening..
Commuter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent a good hour or so on my cousin's couch trying to sleep after we'd watched Gangster No 1 on DVD - he went to bed before the end (seen it countless times - knows the words - well - he says the sweary bits along with the characters - don't worry, he's only 29, he'll learn!) and his flatmate fell asleep, and I didn't liek to interfere with the DVD so it went through a repeating loop of a minute or so of 'The Good Life' for ages and despite the mass exposure to the song I didn't realise it was Neil Hannon singing.

But now it would appear it was, yes? Or is there another version not by him on the soundtrack? It was quite nice either way but annoying that it stopped after the clips then went back to the start of the song.
Thin Lizzie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the beginning of this movie on TV, but I had to go out, so I missed it - I thought it sounded like Neil Hannon singing, so (am I sad or what?) I went and bought the video the next day to find out!
I'm glad I did - good film, but i don't think I'll be watching it again in a hurry - it's quite disturbing in parts.
I always thought Neil had the perfect voice for that kind of song.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Divine Comedy Forum Index -> Music archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: