The Divine Comedy Forum Index The Divine Comedy

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm Really F$%king Pissed off!!!!!! ATTN. CLAIRE
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Divine Comedy Forum Index -> Music archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drykid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaz James wrote:
Firstly, you're a swine for being in a position to at least try to get that Lucy 7". I tried ringing their vinyl floor a few times to no avail. Good luck to you, the Notting Hill MVEs are fabulous and dangerously tempting.

I'm sure it'll be gone. Me continuing to mention it here just about guarantees it heh
Quote:

Secondly, if you go nowhere else when exploring go to Berwick Street, it has Sister Ray, an MVE, Selectadisc, Mister Cd, some fantastic soul/funk stores and other stuff too. It's ace.

Is that where the sleeve for Oasis' WTSMG? was shot? If it is, I think I've been there ages ago. Although it's so close to Oxford St. I really should go more often.
Gaz J

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drykid wrote:

Quote:

Secondly, if you go nowhere else when exploring go to Berwick Street, it has Sister Ray, an MVE, Selectadisc, Mister Cd, some fantastic soul/funk stores and other stuff too. It's ace.

Is that where the sleeve for Oasis' WTSMG? was shot? If it is, I think I've been there ages ago. Although it's so close to Oxford St. I really should go more often.

It is indeed. Sean Rowley loves that road, his excellent BBC London radio show is well worth a listen for anyone with a slightly obscurist soul/indie leaning...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/blues.shtml?thejoyofmusic
If...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Edinburgh we have Fopp - which is really kind of nationwide now (look in Covent Garden, you London loonies, fer yer cheap CDs) - and Avalanche (which I consider to be vastly superior). Plus a few others (mainly second hand shops). 'Tis good...
Gaz J

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If... wrote:
In Edinburgh we have Fopp

We've got one of those babies in Nottingham. I used to buy there more than I do now, quality none the less, although they do stock a lot of copy protected European stuff.
One good thing is that they made Selectadisc even more competitive.
cjmacs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx for the "high street" info, twas very enlightening.

now imagine going into almost every cd shop and NEVER seeing a divine comedy single or album... that's what the majority of stores are like over here. Sad
rachel2205

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like singles, as I've said before. Waste of time! They're annoying to listen to - I don't want to have to change my CD every 10 minutes. But then, I'm not like you collectory types.
msboyd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could get all my singles from iTunes...but alas, no Divine Comedy.

I just rip them all and listen to them on the iPod anyway, and I like to only keep the CDs for albums handy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
rachel2205

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, you see, if I was a fancy person who could put tunes on my computer, maybe things would be different! But alas, I cannot.
drykid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love to grab a big bunch of singles and listen to them one after the other. But then I have a short attention span anyway. Unless an album is really good I tend to find my mind wandering.
rachel2205

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a random aside, you have 500 more posts than me and I've been here for yonks! Shocked You postwhore.
drykid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rachel2205 wrote:
As a random aside, you have 500 more posts than me and I've been here for yonks! Shocked You postwhore.

I know I seem like a newbie to most people here, but I have been posting a while actually. Certainly since last year (and lurking for a long time before that.) So it's not that shocking Razz
Mr Nude

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best thing to do with singles is to buy them, but then make compilation CDs of them all bunged together. My Divine Comedy B-side discs are much listened to!
drykid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Nude wrote:
Best thing to do with singles is to buy them, but then make compilation CDs of them all bunged together. My Divine Comedy B-side discs are much listened to!

Yeah, I've done B-side compilations for other bands, but there are still a few too many gaps in my collection to be able to do it for TDC yet. Mainly due to things that are only on 7" and cassette grrr
Mr Nude

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm missing the 7" and cassette ones, but I suppose I'll get them in due course. For the time being the ones I've got will do!
Alfie Casanova

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got "Come Home Billy Bird" in Woolies.. I even photographed the event, remember? Myabe I was the only one and that's why they've pulled the DC plug?
Born Yesterday

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaz James wrote:

I went there, too. I knew Sister Ray because I had ordered some stuffs from them earlier. They had no real rarities this time. Just a bunch of cheap AF promos...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Divine Comedy Forum Index -> Music archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: